I stood in the kitchen this morning pondering my breakfast options when I remembered the giant block of cheddar from Trader Joe’s in my fridge. Then I decided I wanted eggs. So I thought about making a cheese omelette, but I also wanted raisin toast. And so the cheddar/egg/raisin bread sandwich was born.
All I did was:
- crack two egg whites into a skillet that was sprayed with olive oil
- simultaneously toast a piece of ezekiel 4:9 raisin bread
- grate the cheddar onto the egg when it has set, season with salt and pepper
- slide the egg onto the toast once the cheese has melted
- mumble “omg this is so good” while eating the sandwich (I really did that)
I love when my spontaneous food combinations turn out like that! Have you ever done something similar? What was it?