This recipe is awesome because it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish, and it’s so versatile. You can use any vegetables you want and it will taste like it came from a restaurant! Also makes for perfect lunch leftovers.
Slightly modified from The Eat-Clean Diet’s Asian Noodle Bowl.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4 inch strips.
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (I grated mine)
- 1 clove garlic, passed through a garlic press (minced would work also)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (I used just rice vinegar, not sure if there’s a difference)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 32 oz low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 6 oz (1/2 package) soba noodles
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (grate half and when you start to run out of something to hold, eat the rest!)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 cup broccoli spears
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red peppers
Combine chicken, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and ginger in a small sauce pan and heat over medium until chicken starts to cook, about two minutes.
Add noodles, vegetables (except carrot, spinach, and green onions), and cook until noodles are tender, about five minutes. Place a handful of spinach in each bowl. Pour soup over spinach and serve immediately.